Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A little encouragement

I've refrained from saying much because I didn't want you all to have to listen to me whine. I have two young children, so I know the torture of listening to a poor-pitiful-me-saga. 

On Sunday, I received some encouragement, so let me share that story.

Maybe you find yourself a little down about this or that, and somehow, this story will encourage you too.

At the end of the church service I attend, there is always a closing song and an invitation to spend some time at the altar in prayer.

During the closing song, I was thinking about all of this "seeds of grace" stuff and all of the obstacles we need to overcome and how few answers I have. I was thinking how I would love to have my church body and all of my friends rallied behind this idea. But, it is hard to rally people when you aren't exactly sure how you are going to make any of your ideas happen. 

My prayer is over and over again, God show us the way. Open our eyes. 

Anyway...I sort of came to this "ok, God, I know that you led me here.  I know that you have put these ideas in my heart. For a long time, you have been giving me these wild, crazy dreams (for about 10 years). I have NO IDEA how you are going to make ANY of them happen, but I'm trusting that you are going to show me the way." 

It wasn't emotional. It wasn't an epiphany. It was more...a very matter-of-fact, I've said this before, but just so we both know...

So, that wasn't really the encouraging part. The encouraging part was that this woman, whom I would not normally call bold, came to me and with great boldness and surety said, "I know you must be discouraged. I know that it must seem like every time you take one step, you get knocked back two. But, I want you to know that God is gonna make a way and that I am praying and will keep praying." 

We had talked a little before church, so she knew some of what we are facing. She has been working on a simple cookbook that we can use to teach some classes when we do "get a place." She is with us, has joined the rally, and she isn't family, so she doesn't have to-ha. It's encouraging. 

I'm so thankful God gives us these little gifts to keep us going. I'm so glad this sweet lady was obedient. 

Hope someone encourages you this week. Hope that whatever it is you might be trying to sort through, you find the strength to believe that God is with you and he will show you the way. Because He will...

No comments:

Post a Comment