Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Complications

Maybe trying to keep up a blog daily on an iPad wasn't my best plan. There have been complications. On MLK day, I had a beautiful (if I do say so myself), challenging post written. I went to check a fact, and when I came back my post had disappeared. I couldn't re-write it, there was no way I could get the words to read just so. And besides, I'm pretty sure I had climbed up on my high horse and was sounding more than a little preachy.

But, here is someone who managed to write what I wanted to write without sounding preachy and self-righteous.

http://deeperstory.com/the-streets-full-of-hungry-people/


And here is the MLK quote that inspired me that night.

"Pity may represent little more than the impersonal concern which prompts the mailing of a check, but true sympathy is the personal concern which demands the giving of one's soul."

The first step to giving our soul is "seeing" someone.

There is a lot of complication in life. Trying to figure out the best ways to help people, even people I am close to, seems like one of the most complicated tasks. When I think about helping people whose pain I only know from a distance, it seems nearly impossible to know the right way to help. I know it has little to do with handing out food, and books, and clothes; and more to do with a smile, a conversation, and journeying through the ups and downs of life. But that is all really complicated, isn't it?

Hope these things inspire you too! And we would love for our readers to share some similar things that have inspired them. Just leave a link in the comment box. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Having problems with links

    Here is the link to the article I mentioned above, I hope

    http://deeperstory.com/the-streets-full-of-hungry-people/

    ReplyDelete