Thursday, May 17, 2012

Not Just Any Old Saturday

Helping JoJo choose the right book.


So excited to see some of our students!


Sharing Wisdom

Showing off her books.

Lots of customers!

Making a new friend :)

Catching up with an old one.
Saturdays can mean different things. For me it is often laundry, cleaning, or a trip to Gainesville for a little shopping. But one Saturday a month I get to ride down a few dusty roads and give out books with friends and acquaintances. I can't even describe what joy it brings to pull up to our first stop and see three or four vehicles waiting on us! We have streamlined the event. Now that we are using a trailer for our book bins there is no unloading at each stop. This has made us so efficient we have increased our stops to six within our two hour time slot. Our signs have gotten a facelift too. (I will post a picture of one next month.) Next month is our one year anniversary. It has been a busy year. Reflecting back on all that has transpired, I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve our community in such a small way. I look forward to more doors opening and I pray God will give us the strength and wisdom to boldly and gracefully walk through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment